Greetings and Happy New Year from The CommLaw Group! As everyone begins working on their New Year’s resolutions – whether it’s hitting the gym or eating healthy – the start of a new year is also a good time for companies to consider what they can do to ensure a prosperous and successful future. Luckily, The CommLaw Group is here to help your company make and keep achievable resolutions. As you look forward to the year to come, ask yourself the following questions:
- When was the last time you reviewed your current contracts to ensure your agreements keep pace with your offerings, your business strategy and the current tax and regulatory environment?
- Is your product guide up to date and streamlined or is it time to consider a little housekeeping to remove legacy offerings and incorporate new products and services?
- Let’s talk product mapping. After you dust off that product catalog, consider re-evaluating your current tax mappings to make sure you are taking maximum advantage of available revenue protection opportunities and keeping pace with regulatory developments.
- Have you reviewed your invoices from your upstream carriers lately? Are you accurately being charged taxes and fees? Do you need to update the exemption certifications you provided to your upstream providers?
- If you are a wholesaler, have you sent your existing customers updated annual exemption packets and is your current packet up to date? Do you have an exemption certificate management system in place?
- Do you have a tax and regulatory fee compliance strategy? Have you assessed your risks of potential non-compliance?
- Are you prepared in the event of a USAC or sales tax audit?
- Is it time to make your voice heard in pending regulatory proceedings?
- Lastly, have you reviewed our website to familiarize yourself with the wide variety of services we offer? If not, there is no time like the present!
As you look ahead in 2018, the attorneys at The CommLaw Group are here to help you set and keep goals for the New Year that will help ensure success this year and in the years to come. And remember, for a limited time, all “Commercial / Corporate Law” legal work is available from Partners, Senior Managing Attorneys and Of Counsel for only $250 per hour!
While we remain specialists in the area of Telecommunications Law, The CommLaw Group is not your typical boutique firm and is available to satisfy practically any legal issue your business confronts. What’s more, we are pioneers in the legal industry, offering clients one of the widest variety of Alternative Fee Arrangements in the profession.
Learn more about the diversity and affordability of our offerings below:
- TRADEMARKS & COPYRIGHTS – Fixed Fee Services
- INFORMATION PRIVACY & DATA SECURITY – Compliance Checklist
- CORPORATE GOVERNANCE – Fixed Fee Services
- INTERNET OF THINGS & CONNECTED DEVICE TAXATION
- COMMUNICATIONS TAXES & FEES
- ENTERTAINMENT & DIGITAL MEDIA
- IoT & CONNECTED DEVICES
Contact your CommLaw Group Attorney today and schedule a call to discuss how we can help your business achieve its goals in 2018! Or contact Jonathan S. Marashlian at firstname.lastname@example.org.