On February 8, 2016, the FCC’s Wireline Competition Bureau announced the release of the 2016 versions of se of the (1) annual Telecommunications Reporting Worksheet, FCC Form 499-A (FCC Form 499-A) and accompanying instructions (FCC Form 499-A Instructions) to be used in 2016 to report 2015 revenues, and (2) quarterly Telecommunications Reporting Worksheet, FCC Form 499-Q (FCC Form 499-Q) and accompanying instructions (FCC Form 499-Q Instructions) to be used in 2016 to report projected and collected revenues on a quarterly basis.
The Bureau also stated in the Public Notice that the proposed non-substantive changes to the 2016 Forms and Instructions were approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). The following is a brief list of some of those changes:
Changes to the 2016 Form 499-A and Instructions:
- DC Agent Service of Process Change: Filers are now required to submit updates to their registration information, including their DC Agent for Service of Process, to only USAC.
- Language Conforming to the TRS Order: The language was revised slightly to conform to the FCC’s decision in the TRS Order to require non-interconnected VoIP providers to register with the Commission.
- Language Conforming to the Open Internet Order: The language was revised slightly to conform to the Commission’s decision regarding broadband Internet access service in the 2015 Open Internet Order.
- International Service Provider Reporting Changes: Changed references to section 43.61 to 43.62 to conform to Commission rule changes.
Changes to the 2016 Form 499-Q and Instructions:
- Revision to the FCC Form 499-Q Instructions: Line 117 instructions were revised to include the term “cable service” to be consistent with the FCC Form 499-A Instructions.
Changes to both the 2016 FCC Form 499-A and FCC Form 499-Q and Instructions:
- Traffic Studies Filing Change: Filers must now only submit one copy to USAC at the address provided in the instructions.
Copies of the 2016 Forms and Instructions may be found here:
- Form 499-A Instructions: https://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2016/db0208/DA-16-138A2.pdf
- Form 499-Q Instructions: https://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2016/db0208/DA-16-138A4.pdf
All 2016 Form 499s and Instructions will soon be available on USAC’s website at:
If your company is not already subscribed to The Commpliance Group’s subscription-based, fixed-fee professionally managed Regulatory Compliance & Reporting Services, please contact Chris Canter, General Manager of The Commpliance Group at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.CommplianceGroup.com.
Managed Regulatory Compliance Services include:
499 Reporting, including FCC Forms 499-A, 499-Q and de minimis worksheet prep
International Traffic & Circuit Status Reports
FCC Form 477 Broadband, Wireless, Interconnected VoIP & Local Service Reporting
Form 502, the Numbering Resource Utilization/Forecast (NRUF) Report
FCC PIU Officer Certification & Reports
CALEA Monitoring Report
Full scope of routine state public utility commission and Secretary of State compliance filings, including:
State USF Reporting
State TRS Fund Reporting
State CPNI Certifications
Many other state-specific routine reports