Marashlian & Donahue, LLC, The CommLaw Group, recently welcomed Karen M. Hyde to The Commpliance Group, its affiliated regulatory consulting and outsourced compliance services division. Karen joins our growing consultancy practice as a Managing Consultant.
A seasoned telecommunications compliance professional, Karen brings a wealth of experience in diverse areas to The Commpliance Group. For the past fifteen (15) years, Karen served as the prime regulatory specialist for a global CLEC and Tier 1 network provider. In this role, she was responsible for the nationwide regulatory compliance and reporting requirements of the company’s numerous domestic and international operating subsidiaries. Through her many years of service, Karen has developed a keen understanding of the regulatory processes and requirements and has cultivated deep relationships with key staff at every Utility Commission in the nation. Her rich and expansive knowledge and professional relationships will be leveraged to benefit our clientele.
“The hiring of Ms. Hyde marks yet another watershed moment for our consulting division,” says Jonathan Marashlian, Managing Partner at Marashlian & Donahue. “Demand for The Commpliance Group’s core compliance reporting services continues to surge as more and more businesses enter the VoIP, Cloud Communications and resold wireless arenas and begin selling regulated communications services on a nation-wide basis. Adding Karen to our team of professionals brings a combination of depth and capacity to the already dynamic and broad range of regulatory licensing, compliance and consultative services available through The Commpliance Group. Moreover, Karen’s broad experiences, industry knowledge and professional relationships open doors to future expansion of our consultative practice into new and exciting areas, which we will continue to pursue — all with the goal of providing our clientele exceptional service at subject matter-specific professional fees.”
In addition to her many years of experience handling regulatory reporting throughout the U.S., Ms. Hyde has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Preparing, revising and updating telecommunications tariffs to ensure that they reflect current product offerings and rates
- Ensuring compliance with all new and existing regulations as put forth by the state utility commissions and the Federal Communications Commission
- Drafting customer notifications of rate changes
- Researching and preparing a summary of filing requirements in all jurisdictions
- Training and supervision of tariff production personnel
- Preparing and filing regulatory reports and quality of service reports as required by the FCC and state utility commissions
- Preparing competitive rate analysis within telecommunications to aid in company financial planning
- Working effectively with billing vendor to implement new and revised rates
- Investigating and responding to civil subpoenas regarding requests for telecommunications and billing records
- Investigating, resolving, and responding to billing, service, and porting complaints filed with state utility commissions, the FCC, attorneys general, and the BBB.
Ms. Hyde is a graduate of Waynesburg University where she graduated with honors earning her Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Karen also earned her Master’s degree in Business Administration from Waynesburg University.
Marashlian & Donahue, LLC, The CommLaw Group, is not your ordinary law firm. Together with The Commpliance Group, its affiliated consultancy, The CommLaw Group is a professional services “organization” that was specially designed and staffed to service the full-range of legal, consulting and compliance needs of the communications, information technology and Internet services industries. Boasting a vibrant and diverse telecom law practice, The CommLaw Group currently serves hundreds of clients throughout the U.S. and internationally. The firm’s loyal base includes clients of all shapes and sizes, from start-ups to Fortune 100 enterprises, and from practically every sector of the communications and info tech industries.
The CommLaw Group is led by its founder and managing partner, Jonathan S. Marashlian, an AV PreeminentPeer Rated attorney and nationally-recognized expert in the areas of communications taxes, regulatory fees, regulatory litigation, audits and defense. Mr. Marashlian was awarded two 2013 Client Choice Awards by Lexology / International Law Office; named overall winner in the Telecommunications Law – USA category. The CommLaw Group is recognized as the “Leading Customer Service Law Firm of the Year” by ACQ Global Awards and “Best Communications Law Firm in the U.S.” by ACQ Law Awards.